A system for decluttering and tidying your home which leads to a life that sparks joy.
Steps: As outlined in the book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying
- Commit yourself to tidying up- Once you have decided to tidy, commit to completing the process.
- Imagine your ideal lifestyle- What do you imagine your home and life to look like once you’ve completed tidying?
- Finish discarding first- It is important to decide which items you will keep and give thanks to those items you are letting go.
- Tidying by Category: Not by Location (Categories: Clothing, Books, Papers, Komono, and Sentimental Items)
- Follow the right order- Marie has designed her method to follow a particular order for a very good reason. Following the categories in order will ensure lasting tidying results.
- Ask yourself if it sparks joy- Only keep those items which spark joy or items which prove useful in your life.
Through consultant support of the Konmari Method™, you will rediscover belongings, ideas, and habits that truly make you happy!